Meet Alice & Agnes from HIDDEN SECRETS
MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Tell us about your story:
o What is the name of your book?
o What genre is it?
· Historical Romance
o When and where is your tale set?
· My tale technically had two timelines. Alice finds old diaries and letters in modern times (now), but the reader is taken to the 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s. The short story takes place in a few parts of England.
2. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Agnes (Alice’s grandmother)
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
· We are both fictional characters.
o What’s your role in the story – are you the protagonist or a supporting character?
· Alice: I find my grandmother’s old letters and diaries and end up reading them. By doing so, I discover her secrets and end up having questions that lead me to do some personal investigation.
· Agnes: I kept old love letters as well as diaries hidden inside a locked chest. The pages contain secrets my granddaughter Alice discovers shortly after my dead.
o Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?
· We are both human
o Do you consider yourself to be good, bad, or indifferent? Would others agree with this assessment – why, or why not?
· We are both good people. However…
Alice: I felt torn between respecting my grandmother’s privacy and reading her diaries. My curiosity won.
Agnes: I had an affair and kept other secrets.
3. What do we need to know about you?
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· Alice: I wish to find out more about my deceased grandmother’s secret past, and the genealogy behind what I discover.
Agnes: Originally, I simply wanted to be with my true love. Then I wanted something else even more, but can’t reveal it just yet because it would disclose one of the secrets and I don’t want to ruin it for the readers.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· Alice: The guilt of reading somebody’s personal diary, then the fact that my grandmother is no longer alive to answer questions.
· Agnes: Originally, my parents were standing in the way of my love. A few elements were standing in the way of my second goal which will continue to remain a secret.
o Why is this goal important to you? What’s your motivation?
· Alice: I am curious by nature, and also have a degree in genealogy.
· Agnes: Love is important to me, and also my motivation.
o If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
· Alice: I am not perfect, but I would not change a thing about myself.
· Agnes: Part of me wishes I had not been so naïve in my youth. I might have been able to live a happy life with my first love.
4. How do I get a copy of your book?
o Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?
· The book is available to purchase as a Kindle (Free with Kindle Unlimited-Free between March 31-June 1) or Paperback on Amazon.
· The book is also a free download on Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, and Indigo (Kobo)