Meet Dana from YEAR OF THE WHAT?
MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Tell us about your story:
o What is the name of your book?
o What genre is it?
· Year of the What? is Chicklit.
o When and where is your tale set?
· The story takes place in New York City.
2. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· My name is Dana.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
· I’m a fictional character loosely based on the author’s true experience.
o What’s your role in the story – are you the protagonist or a supporting character?
· I’m the protagonist of the story.
o Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?
· I am a human heterosexual female.
o Do you consider yourself to be good, bad, or indifferent? Would others agree with this assessment – why, or why not?
· I consider myself to be a good girl, however the girls from where I grew up in small town Canada would disagree because I had the courage to move to the big city and expose myself to a different way of life. The fact that I dated and lived with my musician boyfriend in a basement in Queens before marriage was scandalous to the girls back home. Inversely, my New York roommate Kelly, the dominatrix, would consider me a nun compared to her outrageous, adventurous and alternative sensibilities.
3. What do we need to know about you?
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· I want it all…to find “the one” and fall madly in love and live happily ever after with a man who is also supportive of my career goals in the theatre.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· I think the number one thing standing between my and my goals is the fact that I don’t have very much confidence with men, or with my ability as an actor, or in myself in general. The little confidence I did have in myself came from my best friend Sean’s belief in me, he has been in a coma for many months now and without his encouragement I’ve lost sight of who I am. Every time I get some footing in my career I compromise my goals to be with a man who I’ve convinced myself could be “the one”.
o Why is this goal important to you? What’s your motivation?
· My goals are important because I want to feel loved and accepted and worthwhile, doesn’t everyone?
o If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
· If I could change one thing about myself I guess it would be to be beautiful, like ‘walk in the room and everyone looks at you kinda beautiful’ then maybe I would have more confidence to go after the life I dream of.
4. How do I get a copy of your book?
o Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?
· Year of the What? is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and most places books are sold. The digital version is available exclusively on Kindle and the audiobook is available on Amazon, Audible and iTunes.
To request review copies or an interview, please contact Mickey Mikkelson at Creative Edge Publicity: email@example.com / 403.464.6925.